Cayenne pepper lemon water is the most potent natural drink to trim down body weight. It suppresses your appetite, stimulates metabolic rate, and helps to melt fat. Lemon and cayenne pepper are the perfect magical ingredients. They don’t only assist you in trimming down your weight, but they are also useful for cleansing and detoxifying your body.
Lemon has a sour taste due to the presence of citric acid in it. The citric acid contributes to weight loss in that it breaks down your food through mixing with digestive acids and juices, thus reducing the absorption of sugar from drinking lemon juice. It stimulates the proteins and fat metabolism that can lead towards weight loss. Lemon also offers calcium, which has a higher ability to burn fat. Hence, the lemon content in pepper lemon water is helpful to slim down and get in shape.
The other ingredient, cayenne pepper, has powerful effects. People have always associated peppers, especially cayenne pepper with weight loss. Cayenne pepper provides phytochemical named “capsaicin,” which is responsible for its spiciness as well as aids in weight loss. It works by stimulating the neuroreceptors that induce calcium influx that further triggers a host of cellular responses like increasing the levels of antioxidant enzymes and reducing pro-inflammatory protein expression. It, in turn, aids to flush out toxins, inhibits plaque formation and enhances your metabolic rate.
Cayenne Pepper Lemon Water Drink Recipe
It is quite easy to make this drink and reap the many benefits of cayenne pepper and lemon water. Experiencing these benefits means you’ll be on your way to trimming down your body weight in the fastest way possible. A typical recipe for the lemon cayenne pepper drink is as follows:
List of Ingredients:
- Cayenne pepper -¼ tablespoon
- Lukewarm water – 5 ounces
- Lemon juice from squeezing half lemon
Follow These Directions:
- Take an 8 oz. (250 ml) glass and pour some water in it. It is best to start with 5 ounces of water.
- Add lemon juice by squeezing half of the lemon.
- Stir in -¼ tablespoon of cayenne pepper.
- Adding some ice to the final mixture can make this drink more enjoyable.
You should drink about 6 to 12 servings of this mixture every day to detox your body, attain better health, and trim down your body weight. It should be safe to drink lemon cayenne pepper tea for a minimum of three days, but not more than ten days. You will start feeling healthier and lighter.
How Does It Work?
Experts who are familiar with the effects of cayenne pepper on weight loss claim that this drink has obesity-fighting properties, that include burning fat and boosting metabolism. One study revealed that people not used to consuming spicy foods ate about 66 calories less when they use red pepper.
Another research showed that drinking lemon water could be helpful to trim down weight. In summary, the calorie deficit, combined with the weight loss properties of lemon water and cayenne, is how the cayenne pepper drink works to make you lose weight.
The Weight Loss Benefits of Cayenne Pepper and Lemon Water
- The lemon cayenne water helps in detoxification because lemon contains Vitamin C that can help in converting the toxins into digestible elements. Lemons contain with antioxidants and other minerals like potassium, calcium, and magnesium that stimulate the natural enzymes within the liver and oxygenates your body.
- Cayenne pepper is beneficial in boosting your body’s circulatory system and opens the capillaries. It also helps in regulating the level of sugar in your blood.
- Cayenne pepper raises body temperature, and that can improve the metabolism.
- You can drink it to stimulate the neuroreceptors that induce calcium influx, which leads to the secretion of gastric juices, and that can help you with digestion.
The Cayenne Pepper Lemon Water Diet
If you try consuming this drink only, your body may go into starvation mode, and your metabolism will most likely decline. If you are not healthy, you may become even sicker. It can also be dangerous for anyone to consume this for an extended period.
When you want to try the cayenne pepper diet, you will need to follow a particular eating regimen, which helps your body to reap the benefits, and you can quickly get back to solid food once again. Doing it this way will reduce any side effects, and you will receive more benefits.
In the beginning, you should stick to mostly liquids like squeezed juices from fruits or vegetables and broths. Some nutritionists say that you should only drink freshly squeezed orange juice on the first day. Then on the 3rd day, after two days of using the liquids, you should eat only whole vegetables (can be raw or cooked) and fruits. On the 4th day, you can start eating a regular diet.
Who Should Avoid This Diet?
If you have any health concerns, please don’t consider trying this without asking your doctor first. The following is a list of people who, because of health reasons, can still moderately enjoy the benefits of cayenne pepper and lemon water, but should avoid this diet all together:
- Children under 12 years of age
- Seniors above 65 years of age
- Breastfeeding or pregnant women
- People with diabetes, heart disease, or other chronic conditions
- People who are not in an optimal health condition
- Drink a lot of water.
- Make sure that you are healthy and active enough to consume this drink.
- Listen to your body. If you feel dizzy or sick, stop the diet immediately.
- Don’t drink this soon after workout, as it can give you severe pain in your stomach. Wait for at least 25-30 minutes before using it, so that your stomach settles down.
- Make sure that the water is warm and cayenne pepper is non-irradiated. The irradiation process decreases the nutrition from the water and lessens the medicinal properties.
- After using this drink, be careful and don’t overeat. In fact, Beyonce Knowles herself gained all the weight back. Make sure you stay within your calories to maintain your new weight!
- Remember that this drink is ordinarily safe to consume for a short period. There will be various problems if you continue to try this diet for an extended period.
Subscribers Get Fitness Freebies!
Get weekly fitness tips, a mini e-book, two fitness guides, and 25% off online fitness training... We'll also let you know any time we come out with a new fitness calculator or blog post to help you out.